Wednesday, May 15, 2013

potty training and play lands

I thought I would update quick with some good news: Joshua is potty-trained!  We started over 2 weeks ago and he has been doing great from the start. Our bathroom looked like a library for a while, but he loved all the extra attention and books (along with skittles as a reward).

I would also like to share a funny story about Joshua that happened this morning.  I was reviewing some previous Bible lessons about Abraham and Isaac before we moved to Jacob and Esau.  When I mentioned that Abraham was called out of his home to a new land, Joshua piped up, "To the play land!"  Maybe a play land is like the promised land to a child. :)

One other fun tidbit is that I spent a weekend with 4 high school classmates about 2 weeks ago. We all met in Omaha and did some shopping, both at regular stores and a kids consignment sale.  Fun times!

We also just set up a 15' trampoline and the kids all love it!  We decided to get a new one as our old one was starting to fall apart.

D and E are done with school on Friday!  David is now "around the world", which means he has passed all his timed drills in math.  He started with addition, then moved to subtraction, multiplication, and division.  They have 26 drills (one for each letter of the alphabet) per math function, and have to get 40 questions right in one minute in order to pass to the next letter.  He just completed division letter Z!

 I am looking forward to having them home, although I'm sure there will be some adjustment.  I also tried a new hair do for E - this is not her, but I did this hawser braid like this and it turned out cute.

1 comment:

  1. Potty training is coming to the top of our list soon! We're a little behind because Alex accidentally let Weston fall in the toilet when we started before. We have been working just to get him not scared if the potty...ugh.

    ReplyDelete